Friday, October 9, 2020

Five Things I'm Loving Right Now

 A pod cast I listen to does a monthly Five Things I'm Loving list and I thought that might be a fun way to start!  So here are five things I'm loving right now!

The Michelle Obama Podcast exclusively on Spotify.  I’m ashamed to admit I didn't follow politics a lot during the Obama years. I think part of why is that I have a lot of privilege and don't have to be as aware as others. After reading Becoming my admiration of Michelle just exploded. Her podcast is amazing and is like a light in the darkness right now.  It's not interview style it's more like being a fly on the wall during her conversations with Barack, her brother and her friends.  Check it out and let me know if you love it as much as I do!


Since hitting middle age I'm suddenly very aware of the passing of time. I lost my last grandparent last summer just after my 48th birthday. I feel so unbelievably lucky to have had all four of my grandparents into my 40's but they all left this earth in just a few short years. So the second thing I'm loving is that my family and I spent a lot of time this summer with my parents and my sister's family. The public pool we typically join in the summer opened later this year due to Covid-19 and even after it opened I didn't feel comfortable going there so we spent a lot of days swimming at my sister's (who lives next door to our parents) and we cooked out and had fires in the evenings and it was so wonderful to spend so much time with the people I love the most!


I'm loving my current fitness level. I've been running for four years and 2019 was a rough running year. I gained about 30 pounds, I got injured and had to bow out of my marathon training around the halfway point. I struggled with running the rest of the year and considered just hanging up my running shoes. I'm so glad I didn't! I've been working hard since May and getting a lot of miles in. I'm dropping weight, I'm doing a lot of strength and core work and it's paying huge dividends. I ran a sub 30 minute 5K a few weeks ago and I ran my fastest half marathon this past Sunday! I ran 2.5 minutes faster than my previous best so that's really exciting! I have another half in a couple of weeks and I'm really hoping to run even faster then! Stay Tuned for that update!


The cooler fall weather! I love summer but the humidity this summer was awful! I don't like winter either but the crisp fall mornings and evenings with the low humidity are totally my jam!

I'm loving that I've recently gotten quite a few good books from the library on my Kindle. I've read some great books this year and for me there's nothing like being transported into a good book! I'll make a separate post with some of my favorites so far in 2020 however I have to say that if you haven't had the chance to read Anxious People by Fredrik Backman get it ASAP and read it! He writes in a quirky style and it makes his books so unique and interesting! 




No comments:

Post a Comment